Facebook will now allow users to view and upload 360 degree photos on the news feed. The company states that users will be able to share panoramas, or capture 360-degree images using a 360 camera or an app. The images can be uploaded on Facebook like any other photograph and the social network would convert it into an “immersive 360 photo that people can explore.” Currently, the feature is only be available to view on Facebook via the web and the latest version of the app on iOS and Android.
The 360 photos can be identified on the News Feed by the compass icon located on the right of the photo. The images can be explored on mobiles by tapping and dragging the picture or by moving the phone around. 360 photos on the web can be explored by clicking and dragging with the mouse cursor. However, Facebook noted that the ability to upload 360 photos will be added over the next few days. Further, users can also view the images in virtual reality via the Samsung Gear VR headset. Andy Huang, Product Manager for Facebook stated, “Now your friends can experience the moments you share in 360 as if they were actually there with you, from hiking through a national park, to wandering through a museum, to celebrating a wedding.” Facebook added support for 360-degree videos on the News Feed back in September last year. As the name would suggest, the feature let users view 360-degree videos in their News Feed.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet