The disappearance of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's Twitter account has created confusion among his fans and followers, the media reported.
Assange's account, @JulianAssange, is no more and the reason still remains unknown. A search on Twitter with his username says, 'Sorry, that page doesn't exist!'
According to Gizmodo, Assange had not tweeted since Friday.
Assange apparently deleted his Twitter account, sending social media into a frenzy of conspiracy theories about the embattled WikiLeaks founder, news website inquisitr.com reported on Monday.
However, some users speculated that Assange was taken out by Twitter as part of the social media platform's recent purge of inflammatory posters, many on the far right, the report added.
Others believed that it was a move to silence Assange ahead of a major revelation on the part of WikiLeaks.
WikiLeaks has not yet commented on the matter.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet