After launching 4G services in Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata and Delhi, Vodafone rolled out its 4G services in the Mumbai circle today. Vodafone will be providing 4G services over the 1800 MHz band, unlike Airtel’s 4G services, which is operating on the 2300 MHz band in Mumbai and the soon to be launched Reliance Jio Infocomm. 4G data packs are said to start from Rs. 26 and the highest data pack will offer users 20 GB of data, but detailed pricing regarding the packs is still awaited. The service was unveiled by the Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis along with Vodafone India, MD and CEO, Sunil Sood.
Sunil Sood along with Ishmeet Singh and Devendra Fadnavis unveil Vodafone 4G in Mumbai.
The company said that its 4G service is built on a strong fibre backhaul of 100 Gbps on a new and modern network. Vodafone will also be offering international roaming to its customers who opt for the new 4G services. Vodafone will also be offering 100% extra data for its RED customers for a month along with a 3-month complimentary subscription to its various entertainment services on Vodafone Play. To get onto the 4G network, subscribers will have to request for a 4G enabled sim available at Vodafone retail stores. You can also request it by calling the customer care or sending an SMS <4GSIM to 199> to get yourself 4G sim delivered to your doorstep.
Being a critical market for all telecom players, Mumbai has the highest level of smartphone penetration (60%) and data consumption accounts for 30% of Vodafone's revenues in the Mumbai circle and that is why the 4G service has been rolled out in the city based on feedback received from other circles where 4G was launched previously. As of today, 4G services will be available in residential as well as business corridors of South and Western Mumbaiand the entire city would be covered in phases by the end of March, says Vodafone.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet