Alibaba owned UC Browser has partnered with Facebook in India, to give users real-time Facebook notifications, directly in the browser.
The browser will let you see real-time notifications from your Facebook account, even while browsing a different website. The notifications will direct the user to Facebook’s app or its mobile website.
UCWeb says that this is the first time that Facebook has worked with a mobile browser maker to enable push notifications outside of Facebook’s app without having to install a new add-on. UC Web is ‘the’ most popular browser in India with over 40% of the total market share. The company already has its second headquarter in India, after China. UCWeb will further expand its dominant position in the Indian internet browser market with the partnership.
India is the second biggest Facebook nation after the US with over 250 million Indian users and the social networking site has been introducing features to further strengthen its numbers. In the past Facebook had partnered with telcos like Bharti Airtel to offer free access to the social networking site from their phones and had launched 0.Facebook.com (Facebook Zero), a text-only version of its site available through certain mobile carriers. Facebook has also introduced features made specifically for India, including free voice calls and has announced Internet.org which focuses on increasing Internet penetration in rural India. Recently, Facebook's CEO Mark Zuckerberg met Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to discuss how the social networking site could help in improving internet connectivity in the country.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet