Many Twitter users have expressed their annoyance at the latest update that displays ‘Favoured’ tweets on their timelines. Even though UI and usability changes pushed through by the microblogging service may not draw the same level of ire as Facebook, it appears that this update has managed to press all the wrong buttons.
The big reason why Twitter users are irritated has to do with the basic difference between the ‘Favourite’ action and the ‘Retweet’. While the former means that you like a tweet or wish to bookmark it without letting the entire world know, the latter represents your express intent to share a tweet that you find interesting. By displaying ‘Favoured’ tweets on your timeline and, subsequently, on your followers’ timelines, there seems to be no difference now between ‘Favouring’ and ‘Retweeting’ a tweet.
The update seems to have been pushed out to some, but not all, Twitter users and there is no official word yet from the company about it. Looking at the negative feedback the update has received so far, we won’t be surprised if it’s shelved soon.
Source: The Next Web
Main image: Dado Ruvic/Reuters via MSNBC
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet