Twitter has launched tweet translate feature with an tie up with Bing. The feature shows machine translations of Tweets between more than 40 language pairs including Hindi, Urdu and Malay.
To see the Tweet translation, you need to look for the globe icon located in the Tweet. Click or tap the Tweet to expand it. A translation of the text in the Tweet will appear below the original Tweet.
To adjust the Tweet translation setting, Log in to your account on a desktop or laptop computer > Go to your Account settings and locate the Tweet translation section > Change your Tweet translation setting by checking the box next to Show Tweet translations.
The new translation feature is available on Twitter.com, Tweetdeck and the Android and iOS apps.
A built-in translation service could come very handy for users as well as for Twitter that aims to grow internationally in the near future. With Facebook rolling out several Twitter-like features, Twitter is under pressure to add up unique features and reach out to wider range of users.
However, translation quality has remained one challenge for Bing. “The quality of today's most advanced translation software is well below the accuracy and fluency of a professional translator, and many sentences are simply not understandable. Researchers are continuously working on improvements, but it may be many years before high quality translation can be consistently offered by a computer. For this reason, we display both the original text and its translation, anticipating that you will find it easier to understand the translation and to compare it with the original content if needed,” explains Twitter on translation quality.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet