Twitter today launched 'Curator' for media publishers to search, filter and curate Twitter content that can then be displayed on web, mobile and TV. The service is available for free for news organizations, production companies, broadcasters, local governments, and even concert venues.
The new tool will help publishers create keywords and hashtag queries to identify streams of high quality Tweets. Curator allows publishers to further find content by follower counts, location, languages and more to create collections of the most relevant Tweets pertaining to that topic.
Twitter lets you work with company certified partners such as Flowics, Livefyre, ScribbleLive, Spredfast and Wayin to ensure more advanced integrations, customisations and hands on support.
“Together with our partners, our goal is to make it easy and seamless for publishers to incorporate powerful conversations, interactivity and engagement into their programming,” says Twitter in a blog post.
The latest tool is likely to help media organizations serve better content on the social networking platforms. After Facebook launched Twitter-like media-centric features such as trending topics and hashtags, Twitter has been under pressure to catch up with competition. Media has been one stronghold for Twitter, making the platform news-friendly.
Twitter has also tweaked its timeline to show you tweets while you were away, ditching the chronological tweets algorithm. Read more about Twitter's While you were away feature here.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet