Twitter is killing off its Mac app in a bid to provide a more unified experience of the micro-messaging service across multiple platforms. The app is no longer available for download and users who have the app installed will be redirected to the browser-based interface. The move is in line with Twitter’s earlier decision to pull down the Twitter and TweetDeck app from Windows store.
Twitter made the announcement via its TwitterSupport handle, stating that the move was to streamline its resources. The Tweet mentioned that the app will no longer be supported in 30 days. Going by the trend, Twitter may also discontinue the TweetDeck app for Mac as well.
We're focusing our efforts on a great Twitter experience that's consistent across platforms. So, starting today the Twitter for Mac app will no longer be available for download, and in 30 days will no longer be supported. — Twitter Support (@TwitterSupport) February 16, 2018
“We’re focusing our efforts on a geat Twitter experience that’s consistent across platforms. So, starting today, the Twitter for Mac app will no longer be available for download, and in 30 days will no longer be supported,” the Tweet reads.
Twitter users expressed their bewilderment over the news on the platform, but frankly, the move was imminent considering the infrequent support the Mac app would receive over the years.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet