After increasing the character count in a tweet, Twitter has found a new way to let people express themselves more by making it simple for them to string several tweets together. "We've made it easy to create a thread by adding a plus button in the composer, so you can connect your thoughts and publish your threaded tweets all at the same time," Sasank Reddy, Product Manager at Twitter, wrote in a blog late on Tuesday.
"You can continue adding more tweets to your published thread at any time with the new 'Add another Tweet' button. Additionally, it's now simpler to spot a thread - we've added an obvious 'Show this thread' label," he said. People creatively stitch tweets together to share more information or tell a longer story.
Since hundreds of thousands of threads are tweeted every day, this traditional method of tweeting, while effective and popular, can be tricky for some to create and it's often tough to read or discover all the tweets in a thread. "But we know people also may want to serialise a longer story or thought, or provide ongoing commentary on an event or topic. That's where this update to threads comes in," Reddy explained.
With the new feature, it will be easy for users to thread tweets and find other threads -- to express themselves on Twitter and stay informed. Few weeks ago, Twitter expanded character count to make it easier for people to fit what they are thinking into a tweet. Twitter will roll out these updates to everyone on iOS, Android, and Twitter.com in the coming weeks.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet