The Managing Director Twitter, India, South East Asia (INSEA), Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Parminder Singh, has resigned from his position. Singh follows Rishi Jaitly, Vice President Media for Asia Pacific and Middle East, and Shailesh Rao, the Vice President, International Operations, in resigning from the company. Singh had been working with Twitter for three years , and will continue at the company for another month to help with the transition process.
Twitter spokesperson told ETTech, "We thank Parry for his contributions and leadership over the past three years at Twitter. He has been instrumental in setting up a strong business foundation across Southeast Asia, India and MENA, including some of our most promising emerging markets… Parry felt now is an appropriate time for him to pursue other passions and work on his next adventure to help a content-based startup in Singapore and India. Over the next month, he will be closely involved in transitioning the business."
Singh added that INSEA region will be combined with APAC (Asia Pacific) and headed by Maya Hari, Managing Director South East Asia who will report to Aliza Knox, VP of Asia Pacific and India, while MENA will be combined with EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) and led by Benjamin Ampen.
The microblogging giant has of late suffered from a stagnant user base and slowing revenue growth. Its woes were compounded when the company’s proposition for a buyout did not find any takers. The company recently announced layoffs for 10% of its global workforce and had to shut down its Vine video platform.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet