Twitter now finds itself in trouble with growing attrition at the microblogging company. The latest in a series of resignations comes from the company’s CTO, Adam Messinger. Messinger had been working for Twitter for the past 5 years, and was appointed CTO in 2013. Company sources told Recode that Messinger is set to be replaced by Engineering VP, Ed Ho. In an email to Reuters, a Twitter spokesperson said, “We're taking steps to streamline and flatten the organization by elevating our engineering, product and design functions, with each area now reporting directly to Jack (Dorsey).” It was just last month when Twitter's COO, Adam Bain quit the company. Bain, 43, has spent six years at the microbloggig company. Over his time at the company, he is credited with building the company's ad business, and was once a candidate for the post of chief executive before which was eventually given to Jack Dorsey.
Once a rage amongst social media enthusiasts, Twitter has been suffering a consistent decline in user base and engagement. The company is also on the market currently, looking for suitable bidders. Unfortunately for Twitter, most of its bids have not come through and it seems like no one wants to buy the platform. Twitter recently announced that it will be shutting down popular video-loop service Vine, which it currently owns. Although, recent rumours suggest that Vine may just be resold at a loss.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet