Twitter's video engagement has increased by over 50% since the start of 2016. In a bid to increase engagement even further, it has increased the length of videos to be published to…..140 seconds. This functionality will also be added on Vine. For now, only a select group of people can publish longer 140 second Vines with the 6 second Vines acting as a trailer for the longer clip.
Twitter wrote, “Starting today, you’ll have more room to unleash your creativity on Twitter. Where previously, uploaded videos were limited to 30 seconds, now anyone can create video Tweets up to – you guessed it – 140 seconds long. (Select publishers will continue to be able to post videos up to 10 minutes long through our professional publisher tools.) This update will be coming soon to Twitter for Mac and Twitter for Windows, as well. Soon, you may also begin to see longer videos on Vine. Starting with a small group, creators will be able to add a video (up to 140 seconds) to their Vine, turning the six second Vine into a trailer for a bigger story.”
Although there has been no word about any advertisements in the video stream at launch, one can only assume that they will be arriving soon. Currently, Twitter is splitting revenue in a 70:30 ratio with the content makers receiving the larger share.
It also announced a new analytics tool called Twitter Engage. This tool looks to give content creators a better understanding about their audience, help engage them better and grow them with on-the-go real time data. Recently, Twitter added a Periscope button in the app to help people live-stream directly from the app.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet