Tumblr is teasing its own live-streaming service dubbed “Live Video” through its blog. Tumblr is only cryptically teasing it through some GIFs and with what seems like some sort of schedule. It has been confirmed by sources that the blog in-fact is official and Tumblr will be launching their own live video streaming service.
Additional posts also show that there will be a Q&A session with Adam J. Kurtz, a Harlem Globetrotter. There’s also a line that suggests a live stream from Mars as well.
Tumblr’s entry into the world of live-streaming seems somewhat late, considering the likes of Google (with YouTube), Facebook (with Facebook Live), Twitch and Periscope have been around for quite a while. It’s also unclear whether Tumblr will develop their own broadcast software or use present ones in the market, such as XSplit.
This comes as a major feature addition for Tumblr after Yahoo acquired it. Yahoo itself has been in a bit of a turmoil lately looking for people to acquire the company and also announcing the shut down of its Messenger service. It will be interesting to see how people respond to Tumblr now offering video streaming and if Yahoo can indeed turn the tables.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet