We may have come across an epic Twitter story in the making. Early on April 6, Carter Wilkerson, a man who likes chicken nuggets, tacos (and cherries), according to his Twitter bio, asked the Wendy’s Twitter account how many retweets he would need to get a year’s worth of chicken nuggets for free. Perhaps to his surprise, Wendy’s responded, saying he would need 18 milion retweets. Unfazed, Carter said, “Consider is done”, and so began this epic Twitter story.
For your information, the world record for the most retweets ever is 3.3 million, for Ellen DeGeneres’ selfie from the oscars. However, that had DeGeneres herself and a bunch of other Hollywood stars, not to mention Samsung’s humongous marketing power driving it. Carter has to achieved almost 5.5 times the number of retweets, without anyone’s support. cAn he do it?
At the time of writing this story, Carter’s retweet count was at 808k, which is already more than we’ve ever achieved on any of our tweets. Twitter has 313 million active users, meaning Carter needs almost 6 percent of those users to retweet his post. Tough ask.
Well, we’ve done our bit, now you go help Carter.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet