Indians say that shopping is the primary reason for accessing the Internet, and not social media. According to the survey conducted by American Express and Nielsen, 98% of participants said that shopping is the main reason for getting online, while 96% said that it was social networking. Banking, booking tickets and emails completed the list of top five reasons Indians use the internet, with 95% each. The survey, titled ‘Understanding Online Consumers’, was conducted across six Indian cities, namely, Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, and Hyderabad. It found 70% of Indian consumers opting to shop online with cards rather than cash-on-delivery, as they felt it is quicker, and offers safer refunds. It was also noted that almost all responding youngsters claimed to have shopped online in the past year. Manoj Adlakha, CEO of American Express Banking Corp., said “Shopping has always been the favourite pastime for India and now it has become the virtual pastime.”
The survey also found that Indian women are more likely to use cards for online transactions as compared to men, with 74% of women opting to use this medium for online transactions. It was also noted that 98% of women used mobile apps to shop online, while 81% of men used mobile apps.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet