Wired broadband provider Spectranet is planning to offer a 100Mbps broadband connection to customers for Rs. 1,200, with no data limit. The service provider has already started trial runs of the service, and is currently offering a 3-month trial offer in Gurgaon. The trial costs Rs. 1,199, and offers a 100Mbps connection speed with no download limit. Currently, the company does offer a similar plan, but for Rs. 1,999 in selected areas such as Gurgaon. Spectranet has said that it wants to provide 100Mbps connection without data caps to all of its customers.
"Our goal is to provide world class broadband service to urban centres in India. Though we are for profit organisation, we want to focus on making impact in life of people. As part of our strategy, we will provide 100Mbps broadband speed with no data download cap to all our customers within a year," Spectranet CEO Udit Mehrotra told PTI.
Spectranet confirmed that it has plans to bring similar schemes to its offering in Gurgaon, to other places in which it operates, by the end of 2016. Currently, Spectranet operates in Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai and Bangalore. It currently claims to have about 50,000 domestic customers and around 4,000 corporate customers. According to the company, around 4-5 percent homes are connected via its network, and the company has plans to raise the scale to 25-30 percent in the next 4-5 years.
According to Spectranet, its aim is to offer customers the best streaming experience. "We want people to enjoy services like Netflix, use smart TV features which has in built YouTube. Products are available but people are unable to use it because of non-availability of good quality broadband. In US, minimum broadband speed is 25Mbps. We want to bring our customers at par with the global broadband users," Mehrotra said.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet