Tussle between electronic brands and e-commerce does not seem to end any time soon. Companies such as Sony, Samsung and Canon have reportedly imposed a ban on brick-and-mortar stores from selling their devices online.
According to an Economic Times report, brands have threatened the stores of blocking supplies or imposing financial penalty. The ban is aimed at ending the trend of offering 'predatory' discounts online. It's notable Lenovo and Canon have also banned stores from selling devices online directly or through any e-commerce store.
"We are trying to weed out unhygienic practices to create a healthy environment between online and offline markets," said Amar Babu, managing director at Lenovo India.
Interestingly, the report suggests brands such as Sony and Samsung have entered into an “unwritten agreement” with some e-commerce sites over not selling their products below the dealer price or manufacturer-recommended price.
The latest development comes days after brands issued advisory to customers asking them not to purchase their products through e-commerce websites. One of the reasons behind brands' stand is the huge financial hit due to growth of e-commerce sites such as Flipkart and Snapdeal. Read our detailed analysis on the issue : E-Commerce vs. Brands: A serious conflict?
Do you support brands' trade advisory against selling products online? Should e-commerce sites and brands come to an agreement? Let us know your views in the comments section b below:
Source: Economic Times
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet