Snapdeal has launched a Chromecast-like dongle 'Teewe' that can stream media from the Internet to your TV. Teewe is available for pre-order for Rs. 1,999 with a release date of September 6.
Teewe is manufactured by Mango Man Consumer Electronics Pvt. The media streaming app has a dual-core ARM Cortex A9 1.5GHz ARM processor coupled with 1GB of DDR 3 RAM. It works with any TV that has an HDMI Port and a Wi-Fi connection to stream content.
Teewe works like Chromecast, it has to be hooked up with your TV’s HDMI port and can be controlled by a smartphone app. The media streaming dongle lets users stream content from the web such as YouTube videos, movies, photos and music stored on your PC once connected to the same Wi-Fi network. It works with the Teewe app that can be downloaded from the Google Play and Apple app store to your smartphone. The app doubles up as a remote control and the User Interface for content discovery.
Tony Navin, Sr. Vice President – Electronics & Home, Snapdeal.com stated in an official release: “Innovation and technology form the basic foundation of Snapdeal.com. The main motive behind the Launchpad program was to support creativity and innovation amongst new age entrepreneurs and innovators. Teewe is a new age product which will enable customers to play YouTube videos, files residing on their phones or laptop and cast them all on the biggest screen at home with amazing ease.”
Microsoft is also developing a Chromecast rival called Miracast dongle. The software giant has filed documents with the FCC and WiFi alliance, that shows that the device comes with WiFi, HDMI and a USB connection for power supply. According to rumors, Microsoft's Miracast Dongle may be released at the IFA 2014 event.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet