Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani has stated that every citizen of the country will have access to the contents of the National Electronic Library (NEL).
HRD Minister Smriti Irani said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha, "The government of India has taken a decision to provide access to NEL to its citizens including students and teachers in schools, colleges and universities. Most resources in NEL would be available in open access to every citizen of India without any restrictions,"
NEL is a digitised library that will be device independent according to the minister. "It can be accessed using a variety of devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other devices," added Irani.
"The National E Library will contain all research, documentaries, books, curriculums, etc and people from abroad have also shown interest. The students will be able to access it at home and not only students it will be available for everyone," said Irani.
Irani stated a few of the resource contents will be especially subscribed to students, researchers and faculty of colleges. The resources available under the National Repository of Open Education Resources (NROER), launched in 2013, will also be part of e-library. The HRD minister added that the resources available in NROER are in the form of concept maps, learning objects, video, multimedia, photographs, diagrams, audio clips, talking books, etc.
"NROER is a collaborative platform that endeavours to bring together relevant and appropriate digital digitizable resources in multiple languages for the school system for all classes and subjects," she said.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet