Reliance Jio’s 4G network is the fastest in India according to a report by the Telecom Regulator Authority of India. As per PTI, the average download speed on the operator’s network was 16.48Mbps in March, while second placed, Idea Cellular offered 8.33Mbps. In third place was Bharti Airtel with 7.66Mbps. Jio was also deemed the fasted in the month of February by TRAI. If one visits the regulator’s own speed test portal, it currently reveals that Jio is leading with an average speed of 15.04Mbps, as compared to Idea Cellular’s 11.93Mbps. It should also be noted that TRAI had once deemed Jio to be one of the slowest 4G networks in the country.
TRAI’s report comes just a few weeks after the war of words between Reliance Jio and Airtel over the latter's advertisements claiming to be “officially the fastest” network in India. The claim was based on internet speeds determined by Ookla. In a letter to the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI), Jio said that Airtel’s claim was “false, misleading and incorrect.” It further noted that the word “officially” cannot be used as Ookla does not have any accreditation from the Government of India. The advertisement was later deemed to be misleading by ASCI and Airtel was asked to “modify or withdraw” the advertisements.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet