Korean pop star Psy's "Gangnam Style" continues to break records. Months after going past a whopping 2 billion YouTube views, it has now hit YouTube's maximum views counter – compelling YouTube to upgrade its view counter.
“We never thought a video would be watched in numbers greater than a 32-bit integer (=2,147,483,647 views), but that was before we met PSY. "Gangnam Style" has been viewed so many times we had to upgrade to a 64-bit integer (9,223,372,036,854,775,808)!,” explains Google in a post.
According to reports, view counter on the "Gangnam Style" YouTube page stagnated for a while before a fix was rolled out. As of writing, it shows 2,154,109,625 views. If you hover mouse over the views, the numbers start to shuffle. Evidently, view count is growing, but we're not sure about accuracy of the views right now. Google has promised to add “bigger and bigger numbers “on YouTube.
Back in June, Psy's "Gangnam Style" had become the first YouTube video to go past 2 billion views on the network. Psy's video went past YouTube mega-hits Justin Bieber's "Baby", Jennifer Lopez's "On the Floor", and the venerable "Charlie Bit My Finger".
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet