The online recharge and bill paying platform, Paytm, has already transitioned into an ecommerce platform to reckon with but now, they are taking things to the next level! The company is on the verge of launching a new service called 'Fastest Expert Delivery' and the homegrown firm claims that by using this service consumers will be able to buy smartphones and get delivery of their devices in just 2 hours. How very 'Amazon'ish of them!
According to PTI, Paytm is planning to pool in an initial sum of Rs. 100cr to kickstart the project and is hoping to earn a hefty Rs. 4,000cr in the next one year from the project. The company has tied up with famous brick and mortar outlet- The MobileStore for the same and plans to use its logistics to accomplish this feat.
Although it is a herculean task to achieve in a country like India, where the demand for smartphones is constantly ballooning, Paytm plans to play on a unique business model, combining offline and online retail. With the fixed cost of operating a physical store, The MobileStore also hopes to increase its sales volumes while passing on benefits to the consumers such as testing the phone during the delivery process. If the Indian start-up manages to pull this off it may make a sea change in India's ecommerce market.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet