In yet another Twitter account breach, white hat security group OurMine hacked into the official accounts of Netflix US and Marvel Comics. Along with the main Marvel Comics’ Twitter account, the group also targeted verified accounts of Marvel Superheroes like Captain America and Tony stark. The hackers supposedly did not have any malicious intent for hacking, and Tweeted that they were just testing the security of these accounts.
Previously, OurMine also claimed responsibility for hacking into Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s account as well as that of Google CEO Sundar Pichai. CNET claims it contacted the hacker group on the given email address, who told the publication that they were “70%” sure that there will be another Twitter breach on Thursday.
In the recent past, Twitter has seen multiple breaches of user accounts. Hacker group Legion breached the accounts of 4 public figures in India, including that of Indian National Congress VP, Rahul Gandhi. So far, Twitter has been silent on the recent breaches. Seems like now is the time the company should try and beef up security on the platform.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet