Twitter's new tool allows users to embed playable versions of classic MS-DOS video games in their tweets and play classic games directly on their feed.
Twitter already allows users to embed different kinds of media in tweets including YouTube videos and Instagram images by putting the link to it in the tweet. Spotted by Wired, this feature also applies to playable MS-DOS games put online by the Internet Archive earlier this year.
To access the games, users simply have to go to the Internet Archive's library of MS-DOS games, click on the desired game, copy the link to their tweets compose field and just press send. Moreover, the games can be embedded into any iframe or Wordpress platform as well. Users have to click the share icon and grab the embed code that they are looking for to start playing classics like Prince of Persia, Oregon Trail, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? and many more.
Twitter recently revamped its Home page, and allowed non users to read their favorite tweets as well as trending topics without logging in. The new home page has been launched in the US and will be rolled out globally over the 'next few weeks' according to the company. Twitter has also announced a new feature called Highlights for Android users, that gives a brief summary of the best tweets of the day. The micro-blogging site has been trying to engage non users as well as infrequent users with its new features.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet