google chromeWhere to buy 12990 12990 may be one of the most popular browsers in the world, but its appetite for memory has been a notable drawback. With the new version of Chrome (version 45), Google hopes to address the browser’s issues with memory by making it use less of it, and be more power-efficient.
Chrome v45 will now detect when a web page is idle, and use that time to clear up unused memory. According to Google's Chrome blog, the new version managed to reduce memory usage by upto 10% on average, in its tests. The browser will work even better with more complex websites. With Gmail, it managed to free up nearly a quarter of the memory used by the tab.
Chrome has always had the option of restoring tabs so that users could continue from where they left off. It now restores tabs more efficiently. The tabs will now be restored in the order users viewed them last. The most recently viewed tab will restore first, and the rest will be restored in the same order. The browser will now detect when the computer is running low on memory, and stop restoring tabs accordingly. Users can restore the remaining tabs later, once load is reduced.
A few days ago, Google had announced that it would be blocking Flash-based advertisements by default. These advertisements will be paused, and have to be activated manually by the user. This move was made to decrease the load time of webpages and improve battery efficiency. Google also said that it will only be blocking Flash-based content that is not central to a webpage. With advertisements being blocked, browsing should become easier and faster.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet