Netflix wants more kids on its platform. The streaming giant is testing out a new feature the lets children earn ‘patches’ for watching episodes of certain shows. It’s a way of gamifying the streaming experience for kidsWhere to buy 1244 1999 2999 that works as an incentive for them to watch more.
The selected shows comes marked with a red lock for the users that have been selected for the test. All the chosen shows and movies are Netflix Originals which includes Trollhunters, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Home and Magic School Bus Rides Again.
However, you can’t actually do anything with the patches you have earned.
In a statement to The Verge, Netflix said “we are testing a new feature on select kids titles that introduces collectible items for a more interactive experience, adding an element of fun and providing kids something to talk about and share around the titles they love.”
The feature is still under testing and may never become permanent.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet