NASA released over a 60 sound recordings on SoundCloud that include eerie noises from the solar system to historic moments in space exploration. NASA's SoundCloud page had 63 files, from the past 50 years of space exploration.
NASA had recently created a SoundCloud page to reveal some of the most unusual sounds ever recorded. The recordings include sounds of Neptune, Saturn’s rings, Jupiter, Uranus and Earth from millions of miles away. The files also contain sounds of shuttle launching and famous quotes from NASA astronauts. A popular feed is 'Lift Off' which is the sound of the first manned-mission to the Moon, Apollo 11. The sound clip includes lift off, followed by the applause in the space center. Another clip has Neil Armstrong's memorable quote "one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind".
NASA's most popular feed is 'Earthsong' also called 'Chorus'. It is the noise produced by an electromagnetic phenomenon caused by plasma waves in Earth's radiation belts, which loom at least 8,000 miles (12,874 km) above the surface.
India's space research orgnisation (ISRO) also reached out to millions of social media users by giving a step by step account of the successful historic Mars Orbit Insertion in September. The space agency garnered praise for regular and prompt updating of necessary information on its social media site. Tweets between NASA and ISRO on the mars mission where also a major highlight. NASA congratulated the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on this historic feat.
"@NASA: We congratulate @ISRO for its Mars arrival! @MarsOrbiter joins the missions studying the Red Planet. #JourneyToMars," NASA tweeted.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet