The Communications and IT Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad, has said that there were more than 8,000 incidents of website hacking in the first three months of this year. According to a report by PTI, he cited information that reported to and tracked by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In). He informed the Parliament that there were 8,056 website hacking incidents this year. By comparison, there were 28,481 incidents in 2013, 32,323 in 2014, and 27,205 in 2015.
The IT Minister added that the total number of cyber security incidents till March 2016 stood at 14,363. By comparison, there were 41,319 incidents in 2013, 44,679 in 2014 and 49,455 in 2015. These cyber security incidents include phishing, scanning, malicious code, website intrusion, and more. In addition, 13,851 spam emails were sent till March this year.
Prasad said that the nature and pattern of incidents have become more sophisticated and complex. “The National Cyber Security Policy is released for public use and implementation by relevant stakeholders. The objective of the policy is to create a framework for comprehensive, collaborative and collective response to deal with the issue of cyber security at all levels within the country,” he said. The IT Minister added that the that government has formulated a cyber crisis management plan in order to counter cyber attacks and cyber terrorism.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet