Prime Minister Narendra Modi has now joined China's Twitter equivalent Weibo social networking website. The prime minister is scheduled to hold a three-day visit to the neighbouring country this month. Modi's account has over 30,000 Weibo followers.
Modi via his Twitter account shared a screenshot of his Weibo account stating: “Hello China! Looking forward to interacting with Chinese friends through Weibo.” Modi's second tweet was devoted to Buddhism. He said: "Buddhism is a unifying force connecting Asian countries. It can be one form of strong cohesion to turn this century into the Asian era.”
However, Modi met with mixed response from the Chinese netizens. While a few welcomed the minister, many went on to be confrontational with comments such as “Return Zangnan (Arunachal Pradesh) to us. Otherwise there is nothing to talk about with you” and “Hello Indian brother! Tibet belongs to China.” (Source: QZ and NDTV)
Modi's known for his fondness for social networking websites. He is already one of the most popular leaders on social networking websites. He is also the first leader to have fully audio-video enabled account on Twitter. Last year, he was crowned Asia's most followed leader on Twitter. The leader has already joined image sharing website Instagram. Prior to his victory in the historic Lok Sabha elections, Modi had extensively used Internet and other social networking websites to convey his vision, helping him get closer to Internet-savvy youth.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet