Microsoft has opened up testing for its Office 2016 Consumer Technical Preview. Users can just sign up on Microsoft's Connect test and agree to a non-disclosure agreement to get access to the Office 2016 preview. Microsoft is expected to release Office 2016 in the second half of 2015.
Microsoft Office 2016 looks similar to Office 2013 but includes some UI tweaks and new features. The company has added its "Tell Me" tool that's already part of Office Online and Office for iPad to the coming version of Windows in Office 2016. An automatic image-rotation feature has been added to help users correctly position images in Office documents. A new "black" theme option has also been added for Office users.
A Microsoft spokesperson said in a statement: "Anyone can access the bits under the terms of the NDA. And what people are currently accessing is very early NDA preview."
Recently, Microsoft started previewing its touch-friendly versions of Office for Windows 10. The new touch apps are available as free download from the Store (beta) app. The apps include basic editing features and are perfect for mouse and keyboard users. Microsoft plans to make the same touch apps available to tablets and phones running on Windows 10.
Microsoft is also planning to integrate its voice assistant Cortana to Office. The company is testing a work assistant app that will use Cortana to open, edit and share documents, combine various voice commands as well as follow complex commands like "open the presentation yesterday" or "email this file to this person". Microsoft could make the feature available across all platforms including iOS and Android.
Source: Microsoft Connect
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet