Lukup Technologies has launched ‘Lightup’, a wireless network transmitter that uses light to transmit data. The Lukup Lightup uses a network transmitter and receiver that uses light pulses to transmit data over long ranges of almost one kilometer. The light pulses are on the invisible spectrum and can effectively spread data over areas where laying fiber network lines is difficult and expensive.
The Lukup Lightup will rival network speeds achieved by 4G connectivity or fiber cable networks. The Lukup Lightup is possibly one of the very first commercial devices to bring this technology to consumers. Lukup has also claimed that the Lightup is low on maintenance and power consumption, thus being an ideal product for homes.
The Lightup is currently undergoing field tests, and may be available for purchase in mid-2016. No pricing or specific launch dates have been mentioned.
Read the entire press below:
Lukup Technologies, part of the group that includes Lukup Media which offers India's first on demand and multi-screen TV service today introduced an affordable wireless product that can be mounted on window sills, terraces and parapets, and can be easily used in homes. The product named 'Lightup' uses light to transmit data, and therefore it is environmentally safe, free and eliminates the threat of radiation or hacking.
Lightup can provide up to 1 Gbps speeds to buildings and homes, and will rival speeds offered by 4G and fiber optic cables. Lightup is being developed with the aim of extending broadband connectivity inexpensively in rural and urban areas. With Lightup, it will take less than half an hour to set up a unit and therefore, extending broadband inexpensively becomes possible. Its maintenance cost and power consumption is very low compared to the high operational costs associated with current data networks.
Lukup is now field testing the technology and implementing pilots and aims to deploy the product from the middle of this year.
About Lukup Technologies
Lukup Technologies designs, develops and manufactures hybrid set top boxes that deliver television and internet access, and access network products that help build and extend broadband connectivity. The company's products are distributed in India by Lukup Media that is launching a service that delivers television and internet access through a single connection to homes. The company is promoted by Kallol Borah and Harsha Mutt and has operations across India.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet