Microsoft-owned professional networking platform LinkedIn on Wednesday rolled out videos for "Sponsored Content" and "Company Pages" to help businesses reach and engage with the right audience. Marketers can use native video ads to build brand awareness with rich visual stories and target the right audience by traits such as job title, seniority, company name, industry and skills.
"By 2023, 75 per cent of all mobile traffic is expected to be video and our internal survey shows that Indian marketers are planning to spend an average of Rs 15 million on video marketing this year," Virginia Sharma, Director Marketing Solutions, LinkedIn India, said in a statement. "The year 2018 will see the rise of the B2B video, where brands and businesses will tell a creatively rich story using sound and motion to connect to decision-makers, earn trust and become thought leaders in a professional environment," Sharma added.
New formats of videos such as explainer videos, employee advocacy videos, TV commercials (TVCs) and testimonials will take the B2B video beyond the talking head this year, the company noted. The feature was launched in private beta in October, in which over 700 advertisers, including GE, Philips and Audi Canada tested video for "Sponsored Content".
In December 2016, Microsoft completed the acquisition of LinkedIn for over $26 billion.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet