Kickass Torrents, the popular online platform for downloading torrents online, has sprung back to life. After going down in July 2016 following founder Artem Vaulin’s arrest, Kickass Torrents has been reinstated by some of its ex-staffers.
The second half of 2016 has seen rampant takedown of torrent websites, with Kickass Torrents being among the most popular of the lot. The website came back to life for a brief moment soon after its demise, but it didn't survive for long on the Internet. Starting today, Kickass Torrents has a new, fully functional website, which looks similar to the older website.
A torrent site depends entirely on its uploaders and the KAT.cr team claims to have all of its uploaders onboard. Since Kickass Torrents went offline, there have been number of sites that tried to take advantage of the opportunity. Some websites even put up interfaces that were just blatant rip-offs from the original site.
With Artem Vaulin still under trial, it is unclear how long the new site will survive. Incidentally, KAT's new site seems to be completely frozen at the moment. The new homepage is broken, and community/forums are not even opening. Just now, KAT’s community issued this message stating server overload and work currently being in progress.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet