Jet Airways, the popular Indian airline, will soon start wireless content streaming services on-board its aircrafts. The airline will offer passengers a wide range of movies, television series and music through a wireless stream on-board the aircraft and users will be able to watch the same on their personal devices like smartphones, tablets and laptops. Jet's wireless streaming services are set to begin in the second quarter of 2016. This system is being developed in partnership with Global Eagle Entertainment Inc, a worldwide provider of inflight entertainment, media content, technology and connectivity solutions to the airline industry. Jet says that the services will initially be offered on the Boeing 737 aircrafts.
The company also has plans to upgrade to full satellite connectivity, offering in-flight email and internet access to passengers. Such services are an attempt by the airline industry to create new revenue streams. Many international airlines already offer in-flight Wi-Fi services on seat-back entertainment consoles or the personal devices of passengers.
Another in-flight entertainment provider Gogo, offers passengers the ability to stream from popular sources such as Netflix, Spotify and YouTube inside an aircraft. With Netflix now in India, we could expect more such future collaborations with Indian airline carriers.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet