The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology has launched a new e-portal for online patient registration and appointments across government hospitals in India. The new online registration system (ORS) will link various government hospitals together and allow patients to fix appointments using their UID or Aadhar numbers. The process has been digitised with the help of Hospital Management Information System and the application is hosted on the cloud services of National Informatics Centre (NIC).
Online OPD appointments can be made for various hospital departments of different government hospitals, which in turn receive eKYC data through the patients’ Aadhar number, if the patients’ mobile number is linked to Aadhar. If the mobile number is not registered with UIDAI, the system uses the patient's’ name.
New patients will get a Unique Health Identification (UHID) number. If Aadhaar number is already linked with UHID number, then the appointment number will be given and UHID will remain same.
Currently 63 government hospitals are registered to take online appointments through the new system. Some prominent hospitals that will now offer online patient registrations and appointments include, PGI Chandigarh, AIIMS New Delhi, RML Hospital, National Institute of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, Safdarjung Hospital, and more. Earlier, some of these government hospitals had incorporated individual online appointment systems, which are now integrated with the new system.
https://www.ors.gov.in is the portal for e-hospital appointments and the same can be viewed in English or Hindi.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet