The total number of Internet subscribers in India declined from 431.21 million at the end of June 2017 to 429.23 million at the end of September 2017, registering a quarterly degrowth of (-) 0.46 per cent, data revealed by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said on Thursday.
"Out of 429.23 million, wired Internet subscribers are 21.35 million and wireless Internet subscribers are 407.88 million," the statement issued here by TRAI said.
The TRAI has revealed the data for July-September 2017 period.
The Internet subscriber base is comprised of broadband Internet subscriber base of 324.89 million and narrowband Internet subscriber base of 104.34 million.
The broadband Internet subscriber base grew by 8 per cent from 300.84 million at the end of June to 324.89 million at the end of September. On the other hand, the narrowband Internet subscriber base declined by 19.97 per cent from 130.38 million at the end of June to 104.34 million at the end of September.
The number of telephone subscribers in India increased from 1,210.84 million at the end of June 17 to 1,206.71 million at the end of September 17, registering a degrowth of (-) 0.34 per cent over the previous quarter.
"However, this reflects year-on-year positive growth of 12.33 per cent over the same quarter of last year," the release said.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet