Global leader in domain names and Internet security VeriSign on Thursday announced that the third quarter of 2017 saw approximately 330.7 million domain name registrations across all top-level domains (TLDs) -- a decrease of approximately 1.2 million domain name registrations from the previous quarter.
Domain name registrations, however, have grown by 1.1 per cent year over year (YoY), the company said in a statement.
The .com and .net TLDs had a combined total of approximately 145.8 million domain name registrations in the domain name base in the third quarter.
"This represents a 1.2 per cent increase YoY. As of September 30, the .com domain name base totalled 130.8 million domain name registrations, while the .net domain name base totalled 15.0 million domain name registrations," the company added.
New .com and .net domain name registrations totalled 8.9 million during the third quarter of 2017. In the third quarter of 2016, new .com and .net domain name registrations totalled 8.3 million.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet