Instagram has paid heed to the public outcry regarding its change in algorithm and finally did something to fix it. The photo-sharing social network is testing a “New Posts” button that will allow users to choose when they want to refresh the newsfeed, instead of making it happen automatically without the user’s consent.
Users across the world complained about Instagram randomising the algorithm to surface more relevant posts instead of the most recent one. While it somewhat works for Facebook, Instagram soared to popularity because of its chronological feed. The change announced yesterday may not bring the chronological newsfeed entirely, but it will give users the option to refresh the feed when they want to.
“We’ve heard it can feel unexpected when your feed refreshes and automatically bumps you to the top. So today we’re testing a “New Posts” button that lets you choose when you want to refresh, rather than it happening automatically. Tap the button and you’ll be taken to new posts at the top of feed — don’t tap, and you’ll stay where you are. We hope this makes browsing Instagram much more enjoyable,” Instagram wrote in a blog post.
Instagram also tweaked the algorithm to surface newer posts first in the feed which is surely going to please disgruntled users. Furthermore, Instagram is expected to roll out more changes to its algorithm to make it more intuitive and user-friendly.
“Over the next few months, we’ll be sharing more about improvements we’re making to feed. Our goal is to be the best place to share and connect with the people and interests that matter most to you,” reads the blogpost.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet