Twitter just announced that it is testing a new character limit for Tweets. The new limit will allow users to Tweet with 280 characters as opposed to 140 characters. The update is being tested amongst a small group of Twitter users right now. However, there is a cool workaround which will let you Tweet with 280 characters right now.
The workaround was discovered by Twitter user @Prof.9. The hack uses a Chrome extension called Tampermonkey, which force enables 280 characters in Tweets using the Twitter web client.
Here’s what you need to do to Tweet in 280 characters right now.
Download Tampermonkey for your browser. If you are using Chrome, here is a link to download the Tampermonkey Chrome extension
Now head to this Github repository and click on ‘Raw’. This will copy the script to force enable 280 characters on Twitter onto Tampermonkey. Now, click on ‘Install’ within Tampermonkey.
After this, head to Twitter.com and start typing your 280 character long Tweet. The Tampermonkey extension will show the number ‘1’ on the top right corner of your Chrome window. This means the script is running in the background.
We are tweeting in 280 characters right now. You can too. We will soon tell you how to Tweet with 280 characters. Keep reading Digit.in for more such Now it's time to end this Tweet. We have almost exhausted our character limit. There still may be some more room to write, or not — Digit (@digitindia) September 27, 2017
Remember, this is just a hack and not an official way to tweet using 280 characters. Twitter will slowly roll-out the new update after it’s done testing the same.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions