Besides making its policies on data collection and use clearer, Google is also making the Privacy Controls a lot more prominent. You can go to www.myaccount.google.com to get access to the comprehensive set of tools that will let you review the content collected by Google. Here, you can delete data, or even turn data collection off for certain Google services. For example, Google turns on the microphone on your Android smartphone from time to time to pick up short audio to better identify your voice. You can review all the audio clips that Google has collected, along with deleting them and turning the feature off for good. The same applies to Google Maps, which uploads a very detailed account of your movements to Google. However, it is important to note that if you are to turn all features off, you won’t be getting the best out of these services. For example, if you disable data collection by Maps, it may not be able to prompt you when to leave for your work so that you can arrive there by a certain time. While trying to turn off Voice & Audio Activity
Companies like Google and Facebook heavily rely on user data to not only generate business, but also refine their own services. The amount of money Google has invested in developing it Neural Networks is staggering, and the cost of doing that would have been much higher had they not had access to users’ data. The end result is that you get products that are naturally smarter, more intuitive and mindful of your needs and preference, making life a lot easier.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet