Google has partnered with Udacity for the launch of a new Android Basics course for beginners. The course is aimed at people with little or no programming experience and will help people understand the basics of Java, web APIs, SQLite database and more. It is hoped that this will allow complete beginners turn their idea into a working Android app.
Vardhan Koshal, Country Manager, India Udacity stated “We are excited to announce the Android Basics Nanodegree program with Google and work towards narrowing the increasing gap between demand and supply of quality Android Developers in India. This is just a small step towards what Sundar Pichai announced in December, targeting 20 Lakh Android Developers in next 3 years. We are committed to this vision along with Google.”
In India, the course will cost Rs. 9,800/- per month. However, if a student is able to complete it before 12 months, they will get 50 percent of the course fee refunded. The expected time required for completing the whole course is 165 hours, so anyone spending 3 hours a day, can complete it in less than 2 months. It will cost less than Rs. 10,000/- if a user is able to finish it in this duration. In order to incentivise early sign-ups, Google will also give scholarships to the first 50 students to enroll into the more advanced Android Nanodegree program. Google and Tata Trusts launched the advanced Android Nanodegree program in India last year.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet