Google may soon open its own "permanent and big" campus in Hyderabad. According to reports, Google is expected to sign an MoU with Telangana government to take up the venture very soon.
Telangana IT, electronics and communications secretary Harpreet Singh stated, "We are likely to sign MoU with Google. They are likely to open their campus here in Hyderabad. It will be the third campus they will have after the US and the UK." He stated that the upcoming Google campus will be very big and added that further details of the proposed venture will be given at a press conference shortly.
Singh added that a Taiwanese firm, Cisco, Airtel and Vodafone among others have also shown interest on a proposed venture by the government to make Hyderabad a Wi-Fi enabled city.
"Many of them are partnering and coming," Singh said, adding the Taiwanese firm, in fact, was behind making Taipei a Wi-Fi enabled city. He added that the companies are currently asking detailed maps of the city as well as some clarifications in regard with certain specific points. "So, we are preparing the replies; we will give it to them".
"It will take time (to make the city Wi-Fi enabled) because business model is the critical issue. Making Wi-Fi is not a big problem ... but how to monetise it ... is the key issue," he explained. Sign stated that it will take approximately 3-4 months to award the contract for the venture, and another 6 months to roll out the infrastructure.
He added that software exports from Hyderabad were Rs 57,000 crore or roughly $10 billion in the year 2013-14. "This year (2014-15), I think it's (going to be) 12 per cent (more). We may do slightly better (better than 12 per cent growth)," Mr Singh added.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet