Google is planning to push deeper into online e-commerce segment and is reportedly testing a Buy now button with 'one click ordering' to challenge the likes of Amazon.com Inc.
According to a WSJ report, Google has approached retailers about creating a “buy” button for its online shopping site which is similar to Amazon’s popular “one-click ordering” feature. The internet giant is also considering a marketing program that would allow merchants to promote two-day shipping for products purchased through its shopping service.
Till now, Google Shopping referred online shoppers to merchant websites via search links. With the new buy button the internet giant plans to keep users on its own pages longer, rather than send them elsewhere. Google will not sell or ship products itself, but instead plans to streamline shopping for Internet users.
It’s not surprising that the internet giant is exploring additional ways to build Google Shopping into a more complete e-commerce experience. The internet giant has been facing steep competition from Amazon in commerce search.
"People don't think of Amazon as search," Google CEO Eric Schmidt said at an event in October. "But if you are looking for something to buy, you are more often than not looking for it on Amazon," he stated in an interview. He added that even though Amazon's primary focus is e-commerce, it operates very much like a search engine in helping answer buyer questions and retrieving product results in response to search queries.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet