Google has rolled out a fix for faulty redirects on its mobile search. The internet giant will now warn users when a website displayed in the search results isn’t properly set up to handle requests from smartphones. The search engine will lead you to the mobile site homepage instead of the web page. Users can still click ‘Try anyway’ if you want to reach the homepage.
Google says in a blog post that its wants to "spare users the frustration of landing on irrelevant pages and help webmasters fix the faulty redirects." Google has also provided some tips to help site owners direct audience to the pages they want. The internet giant says that owners need to check their site from their own phone and see if their site behaves. Google is also sending site owners a message on Webmaster Tools in the ‘Smartphone Crawl Errors’ section, if their web site’s pages are redirecting smartphone users to the homepage.
Google recently released Chrome 35 that 'Ok Google' hands free voice search for all users. The new update has been launched for Windows, Linux and MAC OS. The Google Chrome 35 update lets you activate search via the 'OK Google' voice command and just ask a question. The update also brings some new features like setting reminders and timers. To enable 'OK Google' voice-assist feature users can just click on the microphone icon placed on the main Google search bar and then click 'enable' in Google.com in Chrome.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet