Google India has announced plans to roll out optimised search results in the country, in an effort to address the need of mobile device users on slow wireless connections.
Google made the announcement on its official India blog in a post titled 'Announcing fast access for mobile users'. The internet giant stated that the move was the company's way to give equal access to information on the Internet to enrich their lives, regardless of "who they are or where they live."
The search giant stated that it will automatically check if a user has a slow wireless connection, and accordingly deliver a faster loading compressed version of Search with images and maps kept out of the results unless necessary. Read: India's Internet slowest in Asia Pacific region
The blog post, by software engineer - Google Bharat Mediratta, stated that the growing trend of Internet access via mobile devices in India, and the lack of high-speed, inexpensive wireless connectivity in the country.
"Increasingly, people in India are accessing the Internet through mobile devices such as their smartphones. However, not all of these devices come with fast, cheap connections," said Mediratta, adding, "This is just another step Google is taking to organize the world's information and make it accessible to everyone, including those who do not have fast mobile connections."
Google has been concentrating on emerging markets like India and has launched its Android One initiative. The internet giant has teamed up with Spice, Karbonn and Micromax to launch its first low-cost Android one handsets.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet