Google's update for Google Now brings in support for third-party apps. The app will pull information from 40 different apps and present them as Now cards that can be viewed and swiped away at a glance.
Google Now offers integration with apps like Pandora, Airbnb, eBay, Coinbase and Zillow. Google announced in a blog post that more than 30 developers have signed up to have their apps siphoned by Google Now, and more will be added soon. Users will be able to receive Now cards from apps that they have installed on their device.
For example, users will be able to see information, including maps and reviews from TripAdvisor, social analytics from Hootsuite and auction updates from eBay. Google says in a blog post, "In the morning, catch up on news of the day with cards from The Guardian. On your commute, Pandora can give you recommendations for music to play, based on what you like, or you can be reminded to complete your daily French lesson on Duolingo."
Director of Product Management Aparna Chennapragada stated in a blog post, "A lot of useful information lives inside apps on your phone, from your favorite music to last-minute hotel deals to home-buying tips." Google says that adding the data to Google Now will ensure that users don't have to open those apps constantly to stay up to date, and won't forget to act on a push notification if it shows up at the wrong time.
The move will make Google Now more appealing to users and the app notifications more timely. Google says that the update to Google Now service, will be rolled out "over the next few weeks" for Android users.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions