Google has introduced a Crisis Response Map for flood hit Jammu and Kashmir with updated satellite imagery. The Map is likely to help the authorities concerned identify flood zones, evacuation routes and weather conditions.
The Crisis Response Map is available at https://google.org/crisismap/2014-jammu-kashmir-floods. Users can also share the map via embed, e-mail or social media through a dedicated Share button. “We hope the crisis map can accelerate the efforts of responding agencies and people affected by the disaster. We continue to work on providing more relevant tools for rescue agencies, volunteers and non- profits,” says Google in a statement.
Crisis Response Map is the latest Google tool dedicated for the flood hit state. Earlier this week, Google launched its Google Person Finder tool for Jammu and Kashmir. The web application allows individuals to post the details of, and search for the status of, family members or friends affected by the disaster. The tool is available in both English and Hindi.
The People finder tool can be embedded on any website, using the following HTML code:
<iframe src="https://google.org/personfinder/2014-jammu-kashmir-floods/?ui=small" width=400 height=300 frameborder=0 style="border: dashed 2px #77c"></iframe>
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet