With Christmas and New Year just around the corner, Google has already gotten into the festive mood. Google has today posted a special doodle to wish all its users Happy Holidays. Google's latest happy holidays doodle features various holiday icons including snowflakes, Santa Claus, a Christmas bell, a snowman, candles and a gift box. All the symbols have been linearly positioned on a black background, perhaps commemorating the dark chilly winter nights. A fainted outline of the Google logo appears behind these holiday symbols.
According to Wikipedia, 'Happy Holidays' has become the most common holiday greeting in the last decade. The holidays refer to the period between the U.S. Thanksgiving and New Year's. Americans have been using the term Happy Holidays in place of Merry Christmas since the 70's.
When clicked the doodle directs you to a search page result page on Happy Holidays. Today's doodle is a static one, unlike the animated and interactive doodles we saw for Les Paul and Freddie Mercury. Check out below some of the recent Google doodles:
- Google doodle celebrates 84th birthday of Robert Noyce
- Google doodle celebrates 125th birthday of Diego Rivera
- Google celebrates 176th birthday of Mark Twain with Tom Sawyer doodle
- Google celebrates 224th birthday of Louis Daguerre with daguerreotype doodle
- Google India celebrates Children's Day with Varsha's musical instrument doodle
- Google doodle celebrates 100th birthday of famous Walt Disney artist Mary Blair
- Google celebrates Art Clokey's 90th birthday with a Gumby doodle
- Google enters its teen years, celebrates with cake, balloons and doodle
Vote and Win!
Digit Icons of Trust 2011 Survey
Visit https://thinkdigit.com/trust to vote for your favorite tech brands in India.
Survey participation gives you a chance to win exciting gifts like wireless input devices, earphones and special edition Digit branded T-shirts.
As an appreciation of your valuable time and input, every participant will receive an assured gift in the form of Digit discount vouchers.
We encourage you to participate in multiple surveys to increase your chances of winning more goodies.