Keeping up with the tradition of commemorating famous birth anniversaries, Google doodled Nargis Dutt in place of its usual logo. The Doodle of the yesteryear actor holding a dupatta with both hands takes you back to the 1950s, when she delivered most of her timeless hits.
Born as Fatima Rashid in Kolkata, Nargis made her screen debut aged six in Talash-E-Haq in 1935. Her acting career began with Tamanna in the year 1942 - a career that spanned 16 years of fame, popularity and success that endeared her to the audience. In 1958, she married Guru Dutt and retired from acting, although she did continue appearing sporadically in films through the 1960s.
Of her numerous successful films in the Bollywood industry, some of the most famous ones are Awaara in 1951, Shree 420 in 1955 and Mother India in 1957. Her acting in Mother India won her the Best Actress award in 1957, and also earned the film an Academy Award nomination.
Nargis is the mother of notable Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, who is famous for hits such as Mission Kashmir, Kaante and the Munna Bhai duology. In her later life, she was noted for the stage shows held by her Ajanta Arts Cultural Troupe, and her work with the Spastics Society of India. Nargis died in the year 1981 of pancreatic cancer, aged 1981.
Google’s doodle today reflects on the peak years of Nargis’ career, with a beautiful illustration of the legend and an equally graceful calligraphic representation of Google’s logo.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet