Mary Blair (October 21, 1911 - July 26, 1978) is best remembered for her association with popular Walt Disney animations films such as Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Song of the South and Cinderella. Mary is also known for her illustrations in children's books. She was honoured with a posthumous Disney Legend Award in 1991. Mary was also recognised with Winsor McCay award with ASIFA-Hollywood in 1996.
Today's Google doodle is simple yet very artistic, featuring a girl surrounded by colourful patterns and shapes. When clicked, the Google doodle directs you to search result page on Mary Blair.
Earlier this month, Google posted a doodle with animated clay humanoid figures, to commemorate the 90th birth anniversary of Art Clokey, famously known as creator of Gumby. The doodle featured five clay balls in Google colours placed beside a wooden box with letter G on it.
Check out some of the recent Google doodles below:
- Google enters its teen years, celebrates with cake, balloons and doodle
- Google doodles birth anniversary of French mathematician Pierre de Fermat
- Google Doodle celebrates Alexander Calder's 113th birthday, with interactive sculpture
- Google Pea Doodle marks Gregor Mendel's 189th birthday
- Google's fruity doodle celebrates the discovery of Vitamin C